The major focus of the permanent exhibition of the “Topography of Terror” is on the central institutions of the SS and police in the Third Reich and the crimes they committed across Europe. The exhibition panels mostly present historical photographs supplemented by introductory texts and short quotes. Under the panels are consoles where thematically arranged documents are displayed.
The exhibition is in five chapters:
- The National-Socialist seizure of power
- Institutions of terror (SS and police)
- Terror, persecution and mass murder in the Reich
- The SS and the Reich Security Main Office in the occupied territories
- The end of the war and post-war period
Media stations and dossiers provide more in-depth information.
- Audio guide
An audio guide to the exhibition “Topography of Terror” is available to you. It lasts approximately 60 minutes. You can listen to the audio guide using your own smartphone or a device that you can borrow free of charge from the service desk. The audio guide is available in 17 languages:
AR DE DK EL EN ES FI FR HE IT NL NO PL PT RU SV TR